M.Sc. Benoit Daloze
Johannes Kepler Universität Linz
Institut für Systemsoftware
Altenberger Straße 69
Building: Computer Science Building (Science Park 3) Room: 202
Phone: + 43-732-2468-4370
Fax: + 43-732-2468-4345
- Concurrency in dynamically-typed programming languages
- Optimizations for dynamically-typed languages
- Virtual Machines
- TruffleRuby, a high performance implementation of the Ruby programming language on top of Truffle and Graal.
- Mozart-Graal, an implementation of the Oz programming language on top of Truffle and Graal.
Daloze, B.; Tal, A.; Marr, S.; Mössenböck, H.; Petrank, E.:
Efficient, Thread-Safe and Scalable Built-in Collections for Dynamically-Typed Languages
Annual ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation 2018 (PLDI'18, under review).
A method for making built-in collections thread-safe by default with no single-threaded overhead and allowing scalability.
- Daloze, B.; Marr, S.; Bonetta, D.; Mössenböck, H.:
Efficient and Thread-Safe Objects for Dynamically-Typed Languages
Annual ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages, and Applications 2016 (OOPSLA'16), Amsterdam, Netherlands, Nov.2 - Nov.4, 2016.
A thread-safe object model for objects to which fields can be added or removed dynamically (such as in JS, Ruby, Python, etc).
- Marr, S.; Daloze, B.; Mössenböck, H.:
Cross-Language Compiler Benchmarking - Are We Fast Yet?
Dynamic Languages Symposium (DLS'16), Amsterdam, Netherlands, Nov.1, 2016.
A benchmark suite composed of 14 benchmarks, in 6 managed programming languages to compare compiler effectiveness.
- Daloze, B.; Seaton, C.; Bonetta, D.; Mössenböck, H.:
Techniques and Applications for Guest-Language Safepoints
Int. Workshop on Implementation, Compilation, Optimization of Object-Oriented Languages, Programs and Systems (ICOOOLPS'15), July 6, 2015, Prague, Czech Republic
A mechanism enabling powerful features like interrupting all threads to execute arbitrary code at zero cost on normal execution.
- Daloze, B.:
Extending Mozart 2 to Support Multicore Processors
Master thesis, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium, 2014.
Extension of the new implementation of Oz, Mozart 2, to allow multiple virtual machines to run in parallel in a single operating system process.
- Committer of CRuby (aka MRI): the reference implementation of Ruby.
- Maintainer of ruby/spec: the standard executable specification of the Ruby programming language.